Thursday, August 28, 2008

Recent Reflections on Recurring Feelings

Yesterday one of our grandsons went into the L.D.S. M.T.C. He will be there for his training for nine weeks before going to the Spanish speaking mission in Los Angeles. There were many tears shed at his departing. I call him a hero, because when I was not strong enough to speak for myself, he spoke in my behalf.

This was the second time I saw my wife cry because of Mormonism. The first was because she was not allowed to attend her first granddaughter's wedding, because it was held in the Mormon temple. I do not understand how a religion (that purports to promote family values) can justify excluding and separating family members from important family oriented events.

My wife is a very caring, loving, and God fearing woman. Yet, due to religious exclusivity, Stella was not included until the reception. Now, our grandson will not be able to have personal contact with his family for two years. I had more contact with my own son while he was in prison.


No comments: