Friday, January 28, 2011

School Reunions

I went to a school reunion last summer. As I was contemplating attending, I had mixed emotions about seeing former classmates and school associates. On the one hand, I wanted to visit with old friends to find out how their lives had been. On the other hand, I had too many memories of mis-treatment by some.



One person was especially cruel in school with his comments about the results from my shotgun accident, but life has not been especially kind to him as at the reunion he made a point to greet me and shake hands with his left hand. His right arm hung uselessly by his side. Moral: Don't be too quick to judge someone else because you never know what twists life will have in store for them.



Many of those I had considered friends did not go, so I was unable to reconnect with them. One other had gone from "wild" to very vocal in his witnessing about the change in his life which he attributed to Jesus Christ.



Over all, even though I was unable to see everyone I used to know, I had a good time.

No comments: